Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Update from Melissa and Team



Today our team began sanding, painting, and the teaching of English and fun games to the students at our school near Rach Gia on Southern Vietnam.
The Y's mission of youth development made me reach outside my comfort zone today and entertain children! Imagine being swarmed by smiling faces and easy laughter. Always I believed that if our world could remember to view this world through the eyes of its children, prejudice & hatred would not exist. I witnessed this first hand this day. Our summer camp songs worked just fine, and I places about 25 temporary tattoos on tiny arms & hands. The children at one point ran out in front of the school courtyard and promptly fell over a drying fishing net! Just like American kids, they were not paying attention! Same issues, same smiles, 6000 miles from my home.
Me, Barbara, and Kristin from Albany on the Mekong Delta


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Melissa - sending encouragement and strength to you from 6000 miles away.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete